5-Minute Raw-Nola | Minimalist Baker Recipes
Anyone who has been around Minimalist Baker for a while knows we have a thing for dates. Lots of dates. And we also have a thing for granola.
So it was only a matter of time before the two collided into one delicious, raw, 5-minute granola.
The base for this delicious granola is raw (or sprouted) nuts and LOTS of dates. Mmm, nature’s candy.
Next comes plenty of delicious add-ins like shredded coconut, seeds, and cinnamon. You can also add oats, but to keep it grain-free, sub more coconut or omit.
For serving, the options are endless. We love topping ours with DIY coconut milk and plenty of fresh fruit. But coconut yogurt would also be delicious.
You can also choose to blend in more “flavors” to the raw-nola, like cacao powder or dried fruit such as strawberries or blueberries.
We hope you all LOVE this raw-nola. It’s:
& SO delicious
This would make the perfect quick breakfast or on-the-go snack. It’s delicious as “cereal,” but it’s also a tasty topping for things like banana nice cream and smoothie bowls!
If you’re into granola, also be sure to check out our Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Granola, Banana Bread Granola, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola, and 7-ingredient Quinoa Granola.
If you try this recipe, let us know how it goes! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
An easy-to-make, 1-bowl, 5-minute raw version of granola with dates for natural sweetness, nuts for crunch and protein, and plenty of seeds for healthy fats!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
Serves: ~3 1/2 cups (14 servings)
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) raw walnuts (I subbed 1/4 cup (30 g) with sprouted almonds)
- 15 – 17 (105-119 g) pitted dates (I prefer medjool / fresh sticky dates work best here*)
- 1 heaping Tbsp (10 g) hemp seeds
- 1 heaping Tbsp (9 g) flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup (40 g) shredded unsweetened coconut (I prefer desiccated)
- 1/2 cup (45 g) gluten-free rolled oats* (omit or substitute to keep truly raw)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- optional: 1/2 tsp maca powder (I got mine at Trader Joe’s, but it’s also available on Amazon)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup (24 g) unsweetened cacao powder (or cocoa powder) + 2 Tbsp (11 g) cacao nibs
- 3 Tbsp (20 g) roughly chopped dried fruit (e.g. bananas, cherries, or blueberries)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
FOR SERVING optional
- Dairy-free milk of choice (store-bought or DIY)
- Fruit of choice (I loved banana and pomegranate best)
- Coconut yogurt (or store-bought)
- Cacao nibs
- To a food processor (which will work better than a blender), add nuts and pulse a few times to roughly chop. Then add dates and pulse about 5 times to loosely combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse to combine. The mixture should resemble a chunky granola.
- At this point, you could add extra “flavor” in the form or cacao powder and cacao nibs, dried fruit of choice, or vanilla extract or powder. My preferred is cacao powder and nibs!
- Enjoy as is, on top of coconut yogurt, or with dairy-free milk! This would work in just about any scenario regular granola would.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks or in the fridge for several weeks. Transfer to the freezer for longer-term storage.
*If your dates aren’t fresh and sticky, soak in warm water for 10 minutes and then drain before adding to mixture.
*To keep this recipe grain-free and raw, omit oats or sub with more coconut.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 14 (1/4 cup) servings without additional flavor or serving options.
Serving size: 1/4 cup (1 of 14 servings) Calories: 139 Fat: 9.7 g Saturated fat: 1.4 g Carbohydrates: 10.9 g Sugar: 5.8 g Sodium: 48 mg Fiber: 2.6 g Protein: 4.4 g