Spicy Korean Style Cauliflower Wings
They’re here! The tastiest cauliflower wings on the block using our Korean-Inspired Gochujang Sauce. Let’s do this!
This recipe is easy, requiring 30 minutes and 8 ingredients to make. It’s also nut-free, soy-free, and oil-free optional.
It all starts with a head of cauliflower roasted until just tender. While that’s happening, make your sauce.
This sauce utilizes the Korean Gochujang Sauce we made earlier in the week, mixed with chili garlic sauce for more heat, coconut aminos for saltiness and depth of flavor, and maple syrup for a bit of sweetness to balance the spice. This sauce is finger-lickin’ good.
After another short roast in the oven, these wings are ready to devour! Enjoy as is or serve in lettuce cups with garnishes of choice.
We hope you all LOVE these wings! They’re:
Spicy (but not too spicy!)
Big in flavor
Easy to make
& SO delicious
These would make the perfect appetizer, side, or snack when you’re craving some comfort food. Not only are they delicious on their own or in lettuce cups, but they would also be delicious atop rice bowls or salads!
Be sure to check out our other cauliflower recipes like Spicy Red Curry Cauliflower Wings, Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Romesco, 30-Minute Sweet Potato Cauliflower Curry, Shawarma Roasted Cauliflower Steak, and 30-Minute Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Spicy Korean Style Cauliflower Wings
Amazingly flavorful 8-ingredient, 30-minute cauliflower wings! Seasoned with Korean gochujang sauce and baked until tender. A flavorful appetizer or side dish that’s also soy- and nut-free!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Side, Snack
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Korean-Inspired
- 1 large head cauliflower (~800 g), large stalks removed, cut into bite-size “wings”
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (20 ml) avocado, sesame, or melted coconut oil (if avoiding oil, sub gochujang sauce)
- 1/2 cup (~160 g) Korean Gochujang Sauce (or store-bought – just ensure it’s vegan/gluten-free)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) sesame oil or avocado oil (sub water if avoiding oil)
- 1/4 cup (80 ml) coconut aminos (or sub tamari, but reduce amount as it’s saltier)
- Scant 1 Tbsp (12 ml) maple syrup
- Healthy pinch sea salt
- 1 Tbsp (15 g) chili garlic sauce (for more heat // I like Huy Fong Foods brand)
- Water to thin (~2-3 Tbsp or 30-45 ml)
FOR SERVING optional
- Butter or romaine lettuce
- Whole garlic cloves, peeled (mincing optional)
- Fresh cilantro
- Sesame seeds
- Shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 450 F (232 C) and line one large or two small baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet (like this one).
- Add cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and toss with oil to coat. Then arrange on baking sheet(s) and roast for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare sauce. To the same mixing bowl from earlier, add gochujang sauce, sesame oil (or water), coconut aminos, maple syrup, sea salt, and chili garlic sauce. Whisk to combine. Then taste and adjust flavor as needed. Add more chili garlic sauce for spice, coconut aminos for depth of flavor (“umami”), maple syrup for sweetness, or salt for saltiness.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and increase heat to 500 degrees F (260 C). Add a few “wings” at a time to the sauce. Toss to coat generously, tap off excess, and then place back on baking sheet.
- Coat all wings. Then return to oven and bake for 10-13 minutes more or until sizzling, golden brown on the edges, and tender (but not mushy).
- While baking, prepare any additional serving elements, such as grated carrots, lettuce cups, or fresh garlic (optional).
- Serve immediately. Best when fresh. The wings can be frozen (either at the glazed stage or the glazed and baked stage) and then reheated on the stovetop or in a 350-degree F (176 C) oven until warmed through.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1/4 of recipe without the oil and additional sides (lettuce cups, cilantro, etc.).
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe Calories: 142 Fat: 0.2 g Saturated fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 30.9 g Sugar: 15.2 g Sodium: 654 mg Fiber: 9.3 g Protein: 5.4 g