Treat yourself with this healthy recipe
All you need is this healthy recipe.
As much as we’d like to never say no to a good quality pizza, the melted gooey cheese, processed meats and crunchy crust don’t agree with our waistline. Thankfully, there’s a healthier version that you won’t have to turn down. Best of all? it’s nutritious enough for brekkie, oath.
- 4 eggs
- 4 small wholemeal pita breads
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan
- 3-4 cups baby spinach
- 100g finely sliced prosciutto
- Shaved parmesan (garnish)
- Grilled asparagus (optional)
- Olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a saucepan on medium heat add the olive oil and butter, once melted add garlic and onion and cook until the mixture starts to caramelise.
3. Add the baby spinach and cook until they start to wilt (about 1 min) Set aside to slightly cool.
4. To prepare the mini pizzas, evenly spread each one on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
5. Evenly share the mozzarella over each of the pizzas. Follow again with the grated parmesan.
6. Evenly share the baby spinach mixture over the four pizzas. Place in the oven for 6-8 mins or until the cheese starts to melt.
7. In a pot of boiling water place the eggs in and boil for 5-6 mins so they are just slightly runny. Cook for a further couple of minutes if you prefer hard boiled. Or you can fry the eggs. The choice is yours!
8. Once the cheese has melted, take the mini pizzas out and top them with the baby spinach, prosciutto, egg and shaved parmesan.
These fudge muffins are butter-free and egg-free, but there’s no comprismise on taste!